About the programme
The Virtual Internship Programme offers you a part time internship with a London based company from the comfort of your own home, allowing you to gain experience in a particular field and understand how an organisation operates in the UK.
AES will source a suitable internship for you based on your degree programme, experience and future career plans. We generally work with medium to small-sized companies as, in our experience, smaller companies can offer a more hands-on opportunity for you. During your internship, you will also have a site supervisor, who will closely monitor your work and structure the virtual internship by setting learning goals and the activities/projects to achieve them. AES will provide you with all necessary support at your placement, in cooperation with the supervisor.
- Full time undergraduate degree level student
- Minimum 2.75 GPA
- Over 18 years of age
- Fluent English
The Virtual Internship Programme runs year-round. You should apply to AES at least 1 month before your anticipated internship start date. This is to allow enough time to source a suitable placement for you.
- Skype pre-placement interview with experienced AES staff
- Internship within a suitable organisation
- Comprehensive application and programme materials
- Dedicated Internship Manager throughout the programme
- Virtual internship orientation
- Supervision of the placement
- Full support during your placement
- Mid-programme assessment by AES staff
- Final evaluation from the site supervisor
- Grade report for internship from AES*
*Final determination of academic credit is made by the student’s home institution.