About the programme
AES, in cooperation with Student.com, is pleased to introduce The Virtual Internship Programme. This offers you a part time, unpaid internship with a London based company from the comfort of your own home, enabling you to gain experience in a wide range of fields and understand how an organisation operates in the UK. In addition, for summer session 2020 only, you will gain academic credit through an AES partner, The Sigmund Weis School of Business at Susquehanna University, on completion of an internship-related seminar together with the placement.
AES will source a suitable internship for you based on your degree programme, previous experience and future career plans. We generally work with medium to small-sized companies as, in our experience, smaller companies can offer a more hands-on opportunity for you. During your internship, you will be assigned a site supervisor, who will closely monitor your work and structure the virtual internship by setting learning goals and the activities/projects to achieve them. AES will provide you with all necessary support at your placement, in cooperation with the supervisor, and assist your institution in assessing and documenting the placement.
Benefits of a virtual internship
- Provide an opportunity to “test-drive” a career choice
- Develop specific skills and knowledge related to a desired career
- Learn directly from experienced professionals
- Develop professional contacts
- Gain experience to enhance their CV
- Academic credit through Susquehanna University for Summer 2020
- Application deadline: 10th July, 2020